Introducing the Takoma Micro-Grant Program for Takoma Businesses. The Old Takoma Business Association is making grants to small businesses to help contribute to the vibrancy of the commercial district.
All businesses or proposed businesses that are located in the Takoma Commercial Corridor (see MAP). Preference will be given to smaller, street front businesses that demonstrate need.
Old Takoma Business Association will not provide a grant to any of the following types of businesses/entities:
● Home-based businesses
● Nonprofit organizations
● Gas and service stations
● Government agencies
• Façade Improvements – lighting, plants, signage, awnings, painting, holiday decorations.
• Physical property improvements – lighting, flooring, shelves
• Equipment purchase – including security cameras
• Professional services – web and graphic design, branding, advertising, social media support, photography
The above list is intended to offer ideas and is not a complete listing of projects that will be considered. Eligible projects do not include projects already completed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND IMPORTANT DATES
Application deadline is Monday, September 30th, 2019. Selection will occur after review by the Old Takoma Business Association Board of Directors. The OTBA Board of Directors is comprised of business owners, property owners, and residents.
- Applications must be received no later than Monday, September 30, 2019, 11:59pm
- Applicants will be notified of award status no later than Friday, October 18, 2019
- Funds must be spent by Friday, January 31, 2020
- Final report is due by Friday, February 14, 2019
GRANT FINAL REPORT
All funds must be expended and report with documentation submitted to Old Takoma Business Association no later than Friday, February 14, 2020. The Grantees final report should include:
- Description of completed project.
- Copies of receipts, including cancelled checks, credit card receipts, and/or paid invoices for all grant expenditures.
- If applicable:
- Before and After photos of improvements funded by the grant.
Any funds not expended as proposed by Friday, January 31, 2020, must be returned to Old Takoma Business Association for reallocation to support other small businesses.