- This event has passed.
Yoga for Bone Health and Osteoporosis
November 9, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Refresh, tune-up, expand your Bone Health/Osteoporosis practice!
This workshop offers students who’ve attended a prior bone health/osteoporosis workshop (or equivalent) an opportunity to get feedback and deepen your practice to prevent/reverse bone loss.
You’ll have an opportunity to:
- Answer questions about your practice to optimize bone health
- Modify, fine tune, or just recharge your practice of the initial 12 Fishman poses
- Learn alternates poses to vary your practice
- Explore asanas that strengthen bones in the arm and wrist (a common sites of osteoporosis fractures along with the hip, femur and spine)
- Practice balance and core-strengthening asanas to help prevent falls