- This event has passed.
Climate Action Coffee: Sustainable Urban Habitat
March 4 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
What are the sustainable options for our yards, pollinators and greenspace in an increasingly unpredictable wet, dry and hot climate? Please join us to discuss sustainable practices in our region how we can adapt to climate change by cultivating sustainable gardens and rainscapes with key resource people. All are welcome.
Busboys and Poets provides complimentary fair trade coffee. Full breakfast menu is available.
- Galen Tromble (moderator) – yoga teacher, climate solution educator, founder of ClimateYogi.org, and Permaculture practitioner interested in community based climate solutions.
- Lincoln Smith – a certified landscape architect, permaculture design teacher and founder of Forested, LLC. Created a 10 acre demonstration edible food forest in Bowie, MD. https://www.forested.us/https://www.forested.us/permaculture-design-course
- Liz Humes Estep – Founder of the pollinator non-profit Remeadow: https://remeadow.org/blog/
- Matt Cohen – Owner Matt’s Habitats, a Silver Spring business focusing on Edible Landscapes, Wildlife Friendly Gardens, Native, Drought Tolerant & Low Maintenance Plants https://sites.google.com/a/mattshabitats.com/www/gardening
- Mary Travaglini – Montgomery County Program Manager, Organic Lawn and Landscape Program