- This event has passed.
Self Care Yoga
February 2 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Sunday, repeating until February 9, 2020
The holidays can be a joyful, celebratory time but are also often laden with emotional challenges at a variety of personal and interpersonal levels. Amy has adapted her Mindful Yoga Therapy and Trauma Sensitive Yoga programs to help participants with their daily relationship to anxiety, depression, loss, grief, and transitions as well as the particular stressors and reactions that this time of year can exacerbate. Take care of yourself – body, mind, and heart – going into the holidays and learn a variety of trauma-informed yoga practices to fortify and nourish you now and always.
Students may sign up for drop-ins or get a discount for committing to the whole series. No prior experience required. Please wear comfortable clothing and bring a journal if you’d like to take notes along with your practice. All are welcome. Questions? Email [email protected]
- Week 1: Ahimsa (non-violence) and Yoga for the Spine
- Week 2: Aparigraha (non-attachment) and Yoga Heart Openers
- Week 3: Santosha (contentment) and Meditation/Gentle Yoga
- Week 4: Tapas (discipline) and Heat-Building Yoga
- Week 5: Ishvara Pranidhana (surrender) and Savasana/Yoga Nidra
* Exact content subject to change. This outline is intended to provide an overview of some topics covered.