Postpartum in a Pandemic
February 6 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on January 16, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on February 28, 2021 at 10:00 am
Dates and Times
Saturday mornings 10-11:30 EST from Feb 6 – March 13 (except Feb 27, class will be Sunday Feb 28 from 10-11:30)
Why this class?
Postpartum wellness lies in supportive physical and emotional care for the mother-baby or birthing parent-baby dyad. This 6 week series provides information and practices to support emotional, physical, and spiritual wellbeing.
This series is guided by the postpartum principles: love, simplicity, compassion, flexibility, non-judgement, community, intuition, and listening. These principles are the pillars that frame the content of this series; guide the practices, rituals, and tools presented; and influence how we communicate with each other.
Who is this series for?
This series is for anyone interested in utilizing yoga as a tool to support their postpartum experience. No yoga experience is necessary. We will utilize movement and the tools of yoga to support each individual. (Mostly lots of restful yoga practices with pillows and blankets!)
This workshop will cover:
- This group will provide peer connection with those going through a similar experience
- Information about postpartum nutrition and Ayurveda from a guest speaker
- A space to learn new and ancient ways to care for yourself during this tender time
- Information about perinatal mood disorders and mental health information from a guest speaker
- A historical understanding of motherhood/parenthood
- The revolutionary nature of deep rest and tools to provide that for yourself
- Understanding how yoga can support healing postpartum